We're hiring brewery assistants
We've recently joined the governments KickStart scheme, aiming to provide new opportunities to those 18-24 years old on universal credit.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, motivated, hardworking Brewery Assistants to start ASAP and help us achieve our growth objectives. The roles are for a guaranteed 25 hours per week, for six months initially, and pay the real living wage.
The Brewery Assistant will be immersed in all aspects of producing our beers, and getting them to our customers. Exposure to other parts of brewery operations, including marketing, sales & logistics will also be given.
No specific experience is needed, and full training will be provided but a love for good food &/or good beer would be a great start! Candidates should be hard working, honest & happy to get stuck into whatever’s needed to get the job done. A clean driving licence is preferred.
Main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Cleaning casks & kegs
- Packaging into cask, keg & bottle
- Beer brewing – operating and monitoring brewery equipment
- Assisting the brewing team throughout the brewing process
- Quality control of the beer
- Assembling, dispatching and delivering orders
- General warehouse duties
- Serving off sales customers in the shop
- Serving on sales customers in the tap room
- Managing stock control
- Receiving and handling raw materials
- Cleaning and sterilising vessels, casks, and production area
- Perform general maintenance tasks
- Making deliveries to customers
A structured training programme will be provided by a 3rd party, including a level 1 or 2 qualification, as well as general skills covering employability and job related training. You will be supported by a dedicated mentor who will be able to give your career advice and guidance and you will also work towards employability skills including CV writing, interview preparation and looking for work.
The expectation is that for those who excel during the six months, at the end of that period a long term role will be available.
To apply please email email@example.com with a CV and a brief covering letter telling us why you'd be a great hire for us!